Bard of the Setting Sun

A collection of Words, Quotes and Humour by myself and others

Settingsun
Settingsun33

"A person without a sense of humour is like a wagon without springs..

- jolted by every pebble in the road." (Henry Ward Beecher)

Poems, Words & Lyrics | Philosophical Quotes | Humorous Quotes

Photos & Images | Music Links | Jokes | Observations On Life

Recommended Links | Recommended Reading | Miscellaneous

GETTING FRUITY

Apples, she said
And behind ME I HEAR the sound of someone dropping
an apple to the floor

Bananas, she said
And behind HER I SEE a Bus going by with a banana on the side
Pears, she said
And the movement she is doing with her hands
reminds me of holding two
pears, one in each hand
Peaches, she says, and that certainly is a nice bum
in those jeans walking
by
Strawberries, she says
And I notice a freckle on her nose
Grapefruit, she says
And the guys in support are talking cricket
Melons, she says,
And it isn’t always what you’d think
Mango, she says
And it’s written on her top
Oranges, she says
And it’s the colour of her shoes
Lemons and mandarins, she says
And I wonder why it’s those two together again
I keep missing that one
Anyway, I’ve seen enough
And I now know that today my life
Is a tropical fruit salad with citrus
Who knows, tomorrow it may be vegetables
Yesterday it was horses.
The ice-cube day escaped me for some reason.

With much love from a Bard of the Setting Sun
In need of more fruit in his diet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home